Best Paying Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services – Diversification may be achieved by a company itself entering new businesses or by a company merging with another or by purchasing a company in a different sector. Among the challenges facing diversified companies is maintaining a strong strategic focus in order to produce solid financial returns for shareholders instead of destroying corporate value through unwise acquisitions or expansions.
Generally, a diversified company is a company that has a variety of unrelated businesses or products. Examples of unrelated businesses include
- Require unique management expertise
- Have different end customers
- Produce different products or provide different services
Diversifying your business protects it from dramatic fluctuations caused by any one industry. The model, however, is also less likely to allow stockholders to realize significant gains or losses because it is not solely focused on one business.
Best Paying Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
# 1 Project Manager-Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
The job of a project manager is to organize, plan, and execute a project while working within budgetary and schedule constraints. Project managers work with teams, define goals, communicate with stakeholders, and oversee projects from start to finish. The project manager is responsible for the success or failure of any project, whether it’s a marketing campaign, building, computer system, or new product launch.
There is a demand for project managers in almost every industry. Find out what project managers do, why you should consider a career in project management, and how you can get started.
Responsibilities Of Project Manger – Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
- Projects are typically divided into five phases: initiation, planning, execution, and closure.
- A project manager has several obligations throughout the project’s lifecycle, including:
- Determining the scope of the project
- Planned timeliness
- Budgeting and planning a project’s costs
- Managing project resources (including team members and workers)
- Keeping track of the project’s progress
- Keeping stakeholders informed
- Risking assessment
- Assuring quality with leadership
A typical day at work (or a project) is never the same because of the sheer variety of tasks involved. A typical day might include hiring new talent, attending meetings with your team, reallocating resources to cover an unexpected expense, or keeping stakeholders informed about the progress of your project.
# 2 Human Resources (HR) Generalist – Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
The Human Resource Generalist ensures that all HR policies and procedures adhere to standard legal practices. Newly hired employees are provided with onboarding plans to educate them on company guidelines and internal operations.
Responsibilities Of Human Resources (HR) Generalist- Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
- Managing compensation and benefit plans
- Helping recruit and acquire talent
- Plan training and development for new employees and conduct employee onboarding
- Plan and administer compensation and benefits
- Recruiting and acquiring talent
- Assist in onboarding new employees and organizing training and development initiatives
- Support employees with various HR-related topics, including leaves and compensation, and resolve issues as they arise
- Promoting HR programs to create a conflict-free and efficient workplace
- Developing and implementing human resource policies
- Assist with performance management tasks
- Utilizing HR metrics, like time-to-hire and turnover, to collect and analyze data
- Conduct quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
- Keep both electronic and paper records of employees
- Increase employee satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, implementing new perks and benefits, and arranging team building activities
- Maintain compliance with labor regulations
# 3 Information Technology (IT) Director – Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
Computing resources are managed by information technology directors across a wide range of industries. Professionals such as these are crucial to ensuring that a company’s information technology is available and secure at all times. Individuals who pursue an MBA with a specialization in Information Technology Management can advance into challenging and rewarding IT director careers.
Responsibilities Of Information Technology – Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
- IT directors are responsible for the implementation, management, and strategy of an organization’s IT infrastructure. Some of their responsibilities include:
- Maintaining alignment between organizational goals and technical projects
- Establishing and directing the efficient and effective implementation of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes
- Finding solutions for managing business activities with the help of information engineers
- Working closely with the management, external vendors, and advisors while overseeing a team of workers
- Developing financial budgets and presenting proposals for capital projects to senior executives
- Developing new products and recommending them
- Finding new opportunities in the market
- Providing leadership to improve IT processes
# 4 Human Resources (HR) Director – Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
HR directors are also known as directors of human resources or chief human resources officers, and they are responsible for hiring and managing employees, adhering to regulations, assessing staffing needs, designing training programs, and developing compensation plans.
Responsibilities of the HR Director – Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
- Creating and implementing human resources policies.
- Providing support for strategic objectives.
- Negotiating employment agreements and hiring staff.
- Maintaining compliance with laws and regulations.
- Managing performance reviews and employee wellness.
- Supporting and motivating current employees.
- Keeping records of employees.
- Taking care of employee benefits.
- The creation of job descriptions and identifying staffing needs.
- Developing and directing training programs.
# 5 Executive Assistant – Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
The executive assistant performs more than administrative duties; they serve as the executive’s “right-hand man,” helping them to advance company objectives. So that the executive can focus on the high-level leadership and strategy functions, they filter and attend to the day-to-day functions that are part of the executive’s role. The job description should include a brief overview of the organization and the position’s key duties, as well as detailed information about responsibilities, skills, and benefits.
Responsibilities of an Executive Assistant – Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
You should list the key responsibilities of the executive assistant in your job description. Since every executive works differently and will likely have different priorities, it is important to be as specific as possible about the job duties so that you can find the most qualified candidates. Feel free to be more specific about your job responsibilities, but the following are some of the most common ones:
- Organize schedules for company executives
- Communicate on behalf of company executives by drafting, reviewing, and sending communications
- Gather and prepare meeting materials, as well as attend to logistics for meetings
- Communicate messages and information to the executive by answering and responding to phone calls
- Respond to emails as soon as possible and prioritize them
- Organize travel arrangements
- Maintain a variety of records and documents for the company’s executives
# 6 Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
A chief operating officer (COO) is a corporate executive who oversees the operational functions of an organization, such as staffing, administration, and strategy. As a second in the corporate hierarchy after the chief executive officer (CEO), a COO is sometimes called the ‘executive vice president of operations’ or the ‘operations director’.
The COO is part of the ‘C-suite’ group of executives who make up a company’s management team, which also includes the CEO, the chief financial officer (CFO), the chief information officer (CIO), the chief marketing officer (CMO), and the chief technology officer (CTO).
Responsibilities of a Chief Operating Officer – Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
- Typically, the role of the COO is determined by the company’s structure and its relationship to the CEO. COOs work closely with CEOs on implementing business strategies and overseeing a range of other day-to-day operations that may be too detailed for the CEO to handle. As a COO, you are typically responsible for a few tasks in addition to being the company’s second-in-command.
- Recruiting and staffing: A company’s COO oversees all of a business’s staffing and recruitment needs. The human resources department is responsible for setting and maintaining a company’s recruitment standards, as well as its internal policies. The company’s COO oversees the HR department.
- Enforcing and implementing a company’s standards: The chief operating officer is usually responsible for carrying out the business plan, a document that defines a business’s goals and how it will achieve them. Additionally, they devise the company’s market strategy.
- A COO oversees a company’s financial operations, including budgeting and accounts. When it comes to a company’s budget and accounts, they are typically responsible for making high-level decisions, reporting to the company’s financial department.
- In addition to monitoring the operational function of a business, a COO is responsible for overseeing the company’s administrative functions. Those who manage office operations may report to the company’s COO.
- Successor to the CEO: The COO will often act as a conduit of information between the CEO and the rest of the company. In addition to this, they are second-in-command at a company, meaning if they can’t fulfill their responsibilities, they will succeed the CEO.
# 7 Payroll Manager – Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
An employer’s payroll manager is responsible for preparing and distributing payments to employees. Maintaining payroll records, calculating payroll taxes, balancing payroll accounts, and overseeing other payroll employees are all part of this responsibility
Responsibilities of a payroll Manager – Jobs In Diversified Commercial Services
- Managing and directing payroll procedures
- Creating payroll reports that include deductions for savings, exemptions, and insurance coverage
- Complying with applicable laws and tax obligations
- Calculate federal and state income taxes, social security taxes, unemployment payments and worker’s compensation payments
- Assist the payroll team with training and guidance as needed
- Processes and distributes employee payments by issuing checks, direct deposits or other payment methods
Challenges Face By Diversification Commercial Services –
As part of diversification, you build new products, explore new markets, and take on new risks.
However, even though it can be risky, it can also be a great way to maintain some stability. Diversification is a way to hedge your money so that, if one of your investments doesn’t work out, you have a backup plan to keep your portfolio afloat until you regain your footing.
Business ownership is much the same. Private industry is unpredictable at best, and customer whims are notoriously fickle, so it pays to broaden your company’s horizons and pursue new opportunities – despite how comfortable you may be with your existing offerings.
The consequences of ignoring this can be severe. Home entertainment companies (to name one) are littered with the corpses of companies that failed to adapt to a rapidly changing market. Do you remember Blockbuster and Video King? Maybe you’re one of those who remembers them. These companies were unable to claim their place in the new digital age as the world went digital. Even Netflix nearly died in this transition. That is, until they realized that streaming – not DVD rentals – was the future of entertainment.
Nonetheless, diversification isn’t a silver bullet for the struggling business, nor is it a surefire way to cement your position if you’re already successful. Diversification may be one solution if you want to remain competitive.
Also, Read –Best Paying Jobs In Capital Goods